*I'll be posting recipes on the Facebook page and on this blog.
Turkey Spaghetti (recipe)
Another Hit with the whole family! My hubby claims this is his favorite dish besides my chili!
- 1lb Of Lean Ground Turkey (93/7)
- 1 Can of All Natural of Organic Spaghetti Sauce (Such as Muri Glen or Hunts Garlic & Herb)
- 1 Can of All Natural Diced or Stewed Tomatoes
- 1/2 A box of Whole Wheat Spaghetti Noodles ( I use Wal- Mart Great Value Brand)
- Various Spices To Taste (Oregano, Parsley, Garlic Powder, Basil)
1.) Break Spaghetti noodles in half and put in a large pot filled half way with water (roughly 6 cups). Cook on medium-High until boiling.
2.) While noodles are boiling, brown ground turkey in a separate pan until meat is cooked all the way through with no pink showing. Turkey will have a grayish- brown color. (Tip: I like to sprinkle in a little oregano in my meat while cooking it)
3.) When noodles are cooked and soft, drain all water out of the pan, pouring the noodles in a strainer, then pour noodles back in the pot.
4.) Combine Turkey, spaghetti sauce, tomatoes, and Italian spices with the noodles in the pot. Mix together until blended.
5.) Let simmer about 20-30 minutes. Cool, then serve!
Serves Approximately 10
Serving Size: Approximately 1 1/2 cups
*Nutritional facts may vary depending upon different brands.